I love my chicken and always looking for new recipes to make it with. This Baked Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Bacon is to die for.
Chicken is a great source of protein on the keto diet. Baked is my favorite way to make it. I love whole baked chicken of any kind so this recipes fits right in. It's fairly easy to make as well. Throw it in a iron skillet and let it bake. I suggest watching it all the way through cooking. Especially after 20 minutes because the first time I made it I let it bake all the way through and it lost a lot of the stuffing. But if you wrap it good in the bacon and after about 20 mints spoon the cheeses that melt out over the chicken a few times, it will be even better and tasty trust me. Hope you enjoy.
Serves 2 Cooking and Prepping Time 45 minutes
Nutritional Value per piece 4 oz
Calories 480 Carbs 0.8 Protein 35.5 Fat 31.5
- 2 large chicken breast (cut a large pocket for holding the stuffing in each piece)
- 2 large slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup of gauda cheese
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh basil
- 2 garlic gloves garlic (pressed)
- salt and peeper to taste ( I add 1 teaspoon of each)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Clean both pieces of chicken and cut a holding pocket in each piece. Salt and pepper both sides of each piece then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl add cheeses, chives, cilantro, basil, garlic and salt and pepper for taste. Mix thoroughly. Grab a piece of chicken and add half of mixture in the pocket and the rest to the other piece. of chickens pocket.
- Wrap a large piece of bacon around each piece tightly.
- Spray some olive oil in a iron skillet and place each piece in.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for around 30 to 35 mints. Be sure to check your chicken after about 15 to 20 mints. You want to catch the cheese that melts out and spoon it back over the chicken for a more juicer taste. Do this a few times while baking.
- remove from oven and serve with your favorite veggies or zucchini rolls and enjoy.