Meatloaf was often made by mama when I lived at home and we all devoured it because it was always so delicious. This is my keto version of that recipe.
- 2 pounds of hamburger
- 4 tablespoons of Heinz sugar free ketchup or a sugar free ketchup of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar free barbecue sauce (I use G Hughes Sauce Barbecue Original Sugar Free)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese or Parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Golden Flaxseed meal (I sometimes use panko)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C)
- Add hamburger to a large mixing bowl.
- With a large spoon mix.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix with the large spoon.
- Now take your washed hands and mix thoroughly.
- After mixing pour the mixture in a 6 by 9 baking dish or some kind of baking dish.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the tinfoil. Add ketchup or barbecue sauce to the top of the meatloaf.
- Place back in the oven without the tinfoil for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for at lest 5 minutes so the meatloaf can settle.
- Slice into 1 1/2 inch pieces and serve.
Serving Size 6 pieces Prep Time 15 minutes Cooking Time 45 minutes
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Net Carbs 1.4g