I Love this delicious low carb-keto version of Pecan Pie Cheese Cake recipe. I was so happy it turned out as delicious as the original recipe.
Pecan pie and cheese cake is my favorite dessert. Being able to create these into a low carb-keto version is great as i can still eat it moderately when I'm craving dessert. I hope you will enjoy this as much as i do. Be sure to let me know if you do.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter melted
- 3 tbsp of swerve (can use less) I like it sweat)
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup swerve sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1 cup swerve brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthum Gum (can add more if to thin when cooking, gets to gummy if you add more than a teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks (make sure no whites added)
- ⅔ cup maple syrup (I found Market fresh sugar free original syrup with 0 carbs when you minus the fiber and alcohol sugars but does contain a small amount of sucralose which has never kicked me out of ketosis)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, warm to the touch.
- 4 tablespoons butter cold
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon burbon (optional)
- 2 cups roasted pecan chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In a food chopper or processor chop nuts and combine melted butter and swerve sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch (23 cm) spring form pan and press it evenly into the bottom and halfway up the sides. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes .
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, swerve and almond milk. With a hand mixer beat until fluffy and fully mixed.
- Add in the sour cream, almond flour, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract and the two eggs and gently continue to mix until the cream cheese filling is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan with the pecan crust and bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake no longer jiggles.
- While the cheesecake is cooking, prepare the stove-top pecan pie filling.
- In a sauce pan on low heat add swerve brown sugar, xanthum gum 1/4 teaspoon only at a time. If doesn't become thick enough add another take a minute to let the first thicken though, add salt, stir together.
- Pour in the egg yolks, maple syrup, and warm cream and whisk until smooth.
- Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens like a pudding, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cold butter and the final teaspoon of vanilla extract and bourbon, whisk until butter is completely melted.
- The pudding-like mixture should be around room temperature when folding in the roasted, chopped pecans and then pour the mixture over the cooked cheesecake and spread it out as an even layer. If you like, sprinkle with extra chopped pecans or garnish with whole pecans.
- Let the cheesecake chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 to 6 hrs before removing from spring form pan.
- Slice and serve cold or at room temperature.
Note: can omit the bourbon
Original Recipe credit goes to tasty.recipes
Servers 12 people Cooking And Prep Time 1 hour and 30 minutes
Nutritional Value per slice
Net Carbs 4.4g
Sugar 0.65 g