Fried Farm Fresh Catfish is delicious pan seared in spices or breaded with pork rinds. Try it you'll love it.
I'm not a big eater of fish, I'm more of a shrimp and lobster girl, but at least every two weeks we try to have a fish dinner and this is one of the ways I fix it. I either roll it in crushed pork rinds or fry it with just seasonings and its actual very tasty.
He's a recipe I use for pan fried fish either cod or cat. You can use it on any kind of fish you like.
- 1 cup of crushed pork rinds if your going to batter the fish
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes ( can leave out if you don't want it a little hot )
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp of McCormicks Grill Mates seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs .
- 1 1/2 lbs of fresh catfish
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse fish in cold water and slice into around 4 inch pieces then set aside
- In a large bowl add crushed pork rinds, onion powder, garlic, fish seasoning, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and mix well
- In another bowl crack eggs and add unsweetened almond milk and beat till creamy. around 1 minute.
- Take each piece and at a time and place in the egg wash then place in the mixed pork rinds and seasonings so its breaded.
- Once done add olive oil to a skillet between medium and low and fry each peace for about 4 to 5 mints on each side till golden brown.
- Slice lemon in half and squeeze them over fish then serve.