Making Lemon Bundt Cakes used to be my favorite thing to do as it's one of my favorites. This recipe calls for using coconut flour and it is so delicious.
- 8 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups swerve sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut flour
- ½ cup of full-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of lemon extract
- Allow your eggs, cream cheese, butter to come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your bundt pan generously with butter.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine your coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer or a standup mixer beat together the room temperature butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute, vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- To this butter and cream cheese mixture add the 8 eggs one at a time. Making sure to scrape the bowl several times.
- To the wet ingredients slowly add all the dry ingredients on a low mixing setting. Making sure to scrape the bowl a couple of times.
- Once the two mixtures are fully combined stop using the electric mixture and fold in the 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt gently. Making sure it gets fully incorporated into the batter but being careful to not over mix.
- Note that the batter will be very thick and fluffy. This is the normal texture when using coconut flour exclusively in a recipe.
- Spread the cake batter into the greased bundt pan.
- Bake the cake for 65 to 75 mints depending on your stove. At the 1-hour baking, point check your cake for doneness with a toothpick. If not done allow the cake to bake for the necessary additional time. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean with just a tiny amount of cake crumb your cake will be completely baked.
- Allow your cooked cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Once the cake is cool and lemon cream cheese icing.
TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE ICING - Combine 8 oz of soften cream cheese, 1/4 cup of heavy whipped cream, 1/4 cup of soft butter, 5 tbsp of swerve, and 1 tsp of pure vanillaand 1 tsp lemon extract.
Beat heavy cream till fluffy, then add remaining ingredients and mix well
Chill for 30 minutes to an hour in fridge before serving. Spread lemon topping over lemon cake .