If You Love Mexican Food you'll never know the corn meal is missing from this recipe!
I love cornbread and one of the greatest pleasures of being country is all that country food you can cook. As you get older it doesn't go so well with the body. These Keto Mexican Cornbread Patties are delicious. I played around a bit and come up with this recipe. Hope you like.
- 3 onions very finely diced
- All or part of one small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk ( can add a Tbs more if to dry)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tbsp Almond Meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of crushed Pork Rinds (makes it crispy)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- To Serve: You Can Add lime wedges, sour cream, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado, hot sauce ( I used Tabasco Original Hot Sauce)
- Finely dice the dark green and light green parts of the scallions and put them in a large microwave safe bowl along with the minced jalapeno pepper.
- Microwave the mixture for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice to promote even cooking.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and then stir in the Unsweetened Almond Milk, cheese, Almond Meal, Pork Rinds, butter, baking soda, salt and eggs. Mix to combine. Heat in a large fry pan on the stove with Olive oil. With a large spoon, drop the batter onto the hot pan. Fry until both sides are golden brown and the centers are cooked. Serve with a good squeeze of lime, extra lime wedges, sour cream and any of the serving suggestions.
Yields: 4 to 5 small patties