I love a good loaded omelet and this Baked Denver Omelet is delicious.
When your living the keto lifestyle eggs are like your best friend. You can eat 10 to 12 eggs a day without going over your macros. Of course if you add other ingredients you have to factor those into your daily allowed macros as well. I eat a lot of eggs through the week and fix them so many different ways. It helps me stay full and I do love eggs.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Be sure to let me know if make and what you think.
Yields-8 servings Prep time-15 minutes Cook Time-about 45 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of salted butter
- 1/2 pound of ham (diced)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 cup shredded cheese (divided in half)
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a oval baking dish or a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the ham and saute until browned. About 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and continue to cook while stirring until tender. Remove and spread in the baking dish evenly.
- Sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk till completely mixed. Pour the mixture in the baking dish over the other ingredients. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the center is cooked through. Remove from oven and cool for at least 5 minutes.